We are grateful to those individuals, local organisations, businesses and grant providers who support our Group. Funds raised to date for our new Scout Community Centre have come from the following sources:
Business community awards or donations: Sainsbury’s (Clifton Down) Charity of the Year 2018-19, Co-op local cause 2018-19, Co-op community award 2017, Waitrose Community Matters, Moto in the Community Trust, AXA PPP Healthcare, Intel Corporation’s Employee Volunteer Matching Scheme, Motus Recruitment, The Downs Festival, Rolls Royce, VWV, Osborne Clarke, Milstead Langdon, 34SP Hosting Company, DNV GL, Lloyds Bank Foundation Matched Giving Scheme.
Charitable grant providers: GT Pearce Charitable Trust, Ernest Cook Trust, Rank Foundation, Lalonde Trust, Neighbourhood Partnership, Smiling Eyes, The Rotary Club of Bristol.
Bristol City Council: Community Infrastructure Levy funding.
Community Groups: BS9 Arts Trail, Cabot District Scouts, Stoke Bishop Garden Society, Stoke Bishop History Society, Sneyd Park Residents Association, St Mary’s Church and various church groups, We Love Stoke Lodge, Stoke Bishop Local History Group.
Local Residents: Group parents, individuals, former Scouts including Trustees of Anthony James Estate, John Weeks.
Local Businesses donating raffle prizes and other in kind contributions: Aimee’s Winehouse, Bath Ales, Becky Barnes Style, Berwick Lodge, BE Serviced Offices, Ciao Restaurants, Clifton Sub Aqua Club, Coffee No.1, Collistears Beauty, Co-op, Dignity Funeral Services, Edith Wilmot Florist, Flamingo Centre, Frome Valley Flooring, Grupo Lounge, Jenny Urquhart Art, Morrisons supermarket, Orpheus Cinemas, Leese & Nagle Estate Agents, Lesley McKeown cakes, New Moon Tapas Cafe, Richard Harding Estate Agents, Roderick Thomas, Sainsbury's, The Redland Bakery, Young Driver, We Make Bristol.
43rd Group Events: Our own fundraising efforts are ongoing, and to date include all sorts of activities, events and profile raising:
- Monthly: Cubbacino café, book & uniform sale, textile recycling collection, jigsaw swap, buy, donate.
- Annual: BS9 Arts Trail cafe & plant sale, Christmas tree sale, Quiz & Curry night, Cubs afternoon tea party, public raffle.
- Events: manure sales, second hand clothes & toys sales, 24 hour bikeathon, barbecue, barn dance, beer festival, bike sale, sleuthing & crime scene evening.
- Individual sponsored events: 50 mile hike, swimathon, bike rides, silence, Bristol-Bath marathon.
- Fin and Nia Evans - cake sale,
- Maureen Watkinson - bridge drive,
- Liz Tomlinson and Jenny Weeks - donations from their book "Leaving Home to Fight."