What are the benefits of this project?
Delivery of this essential project will:
- Prevent our Group from having to close due to having no viable and safe place to meet.
- Create more space, both indoor and outdoor, through clever design and footprint location on the site. This, combined with modern facilities with proper heating, insulation, disabled access and a far safer environment for children.
- Allow the Group to further expand with new additional Sections, including an Explorer Unit for older children aged 14+. We will be able to reduce our long waiting list of children looking to join Beavers.
- Be able to provide a far wider range of scouting activities.
- Provide a building available for use by other local charitable, educational and community Groups as well as private individuals who need to hire space. We have an identifiable demand.
- A new and improved community facility which compliments and add to those that already exist in Stoke Bishop and which are already over-subscribed.
How many people will benefit?
We estimate the new facility will benefit thousands of children and other local residents, either by participation in Scouting and Scouting activities, or more broadly by use of the new facility for a range of events. The new Centre will form a core part of ‘building community’ in the area for a large proportion of local residents, and a place people can be proud of.